Holy Trinity Church
The Parish Church of St. Austell with its 90ft tower stands proudly at the top of Fore Street for everyone to admire. The eight bells in the tower still ring out across St. Austell reminding visitors of it's presence at the heart of the community. There is documentary evidence of a Church on the site before 1169 although the present building dates from the end of the 15th century. Adorned externally, with beautiful stained glass windows and sculptures, there are a number of interesting plaques commemorating the lives of people with local connections some of whom were prominent on a national scale. There is plenty of interest on the inside too, like the Norman Font and the Wagon roof with its beautiful carved bosses.